Welcome to Pulaski Middle School
Home of the EPIC Orioles. Excellence - Perseverance - Integrity - Caring
Locker Clean Out for students is scheduled based on First Block Class. Each day will be from 2:00 - 6:00 pm.
Please follow the schedule below for which day to come:
- May 14: Grade 6 1st Block classes for Bowman, Lowles and Hagee
- May 15: Grade 6 1st Block classes for Pisani, Pizzino and Runion
- May 18: Grade 7 1st Block classes for Altizer, Burnette and Kruger
- May 19: Grade 7 1st Block classes for Dalton, Price and Ray
- May 20: Grade 8 1st Block classes for Blevins, Farmer and Lineberry
- May 21: Grade 8 1st Block classes for Kilbourne, McKillican, and Stoots
- May 22: Last Day to turn in all school work for 4th nine weeks
- May 29: End of the Nine Weeks and Second Semester
- June 6: Report Cards Mailed Home
About Our School.
Pulaski Middle School, one of two middle schools in the Pulaski County Public Schools system, is located in beautiful Southwest Virginia in the town of Pulaski. Originally called Pico Terrace Elementary School when first built in 1937, the school later served as Pulaski High School and became a middle school in 1974 following the consolidation of county schools and the building of Pulaski County High School.
Pulaski Middle School has 30 full time teachers, four part-time teachers, a media specialist, two school counselors, a school nurse and a full complement of support personnel to serve its current enrollment of 429 students in grades six through eight. In addition to the standard core academic subjects of mathematics, language arts, science and social studies, students have numerous opportunities to broaden their experiences by participating in classes such as health/physical education, family and consumer sciences, agriculture, information technology, art, choir, and band. Students who are in need of additional academic support may receive assistance through our continuum of special education services (if eligible), our in-school remediation program, or after-school program.
Our areas of focus for this year are reading comprehension and writing. We are implementing positive behavior intervention supports and continue to teach anti-bullying strategies. We encourage students to practice multiplication at home and at school. Extracurricular opportunities abound at Pulaski Middle School. Students may participate in a wide range of athletic programs, online foreign language instruction through Virtual Virginia, the Life After School program which includes MicroSociety. Our school mascot is the Oriole and our colors are black and orange. Our vision statement is, “We are EPIC Orioles. We display Excellence, Perseverance, Integrity and Caring in all that we do.”